EMDA® is a unique technology to augment the effect of intravesical chemotherapy by creating an electric field across the bladder wall which increases urothelium’s permeability.
The Physion EMDA® system has been proved excellent results in treating high-risk and intermediate-risk patients with non-muscle invasive bladder cancer.
EMDA® + Mitomycin treatment is an efficacy tool in the long term conservative strategy of high-risk unresponsive to BCG as a “bladder sparing” therapy.
Several thousand treatment cycles have been performed with complete safety following TURBT: significantly reduced recurrence and progression with increased disease-free interval.
Significant reduction in disease recurrence and/or progression
Significant increase in disease-free interval
Emda® improves patients’ quality of life
EMDA® can be used with all type of Mitomycin and in sequential treatment EMDA® + Mitomycin is combined with BCG.
More data on EMDA® now available than any other device assisted drug delivery system available.
Proven deeper tissue penetration of Mytomicin with EMDA® compared to passive administration.
- A urogenic 16F electrode-catheter is inserted into the bladder
- The bladder is drained to remove residual electrolytes
- The drug solution is administered
- Two dispersive electrodes are placed on the sides of the navel with an abundante layer of conductive gel
- A micro-current is applied for 20 minutes